19 January 2010

Alcalá

Hola, Familia,

Estoy un poco cansada, pero bueno. I got a phone this morning!! The number is 618-453-869. I assume you know how to call, Dad? Anyway, if you call me, I don't have any charge. Let me know if/when you want to talk!

A lot has happened in the past couple days. Riley (my roommate) and I keep waking up at 3 or 4 am, after going to bed at midnight. And then we can't go back to sleep. Never before has jetlag confused me so. So it's been a tiring 2 days, but they are so great! Yesterday (the 13th), we hung out with our familia some more, and the sister of La Señora and her little family came over in the afternoon. They have 2 daughters, one 3 and the other 7 months. Paula is the 3 year old who is super super hyper. She made me play Cinderella with her. I liked it because I could speak more spanish and not be ashamed if I messed up. Alicia is the 7 month old and she reminded me of lucy, always happy and content. In the evening, Guerrmo (it's not spelled Gigiermo. my bad) took us about town in the pouring rain. We purchased 1 euro's worth of roasted chestnuts (I'm reminded of a certain christmas song...). Delicious! Guerrmo is a pleasant fellow. We discussed the sport of soccer at length. We havee this ongoing joke about dancing and how he's going to take a dancing class at the police academy. He's funny.

Today we met up again with our group and toured the school. We got our phones and people exchanged money. After lunch with our families, all us girls met up in the late afternoon and looked around the shops, got churros con chocolate, and continued exploring. My feet are tired!! Riley and I got back @9 for dinner, where the sons and La Señora entertained me some more. The mother is very animated, which makes it easier to understand her. They are so great. She tells so many stories. I am already learning a ton!

By the way, she's a great cook! We've had chorizo, jamón, la tortilla de españa, patatas fritas (french fries), and many great desserts! But I don't remember the names of them.

Anyway, just thought I'd send an e-mail with my phone number in case you want to chat. I hope your enrichment goes well, Mom! And that you are all ready for your trip to California!

Love you!

Mere

No comments:

Post a Comment